You just might fool the biggest chocoholic with this one! This brownie recipe is amazing, the original recipe can be found here, I can’t take credit for it. I did make some edits, but this one belongs to the incredible Laura Dolson over at about.com. She’s fantastic and I love her stuff, you should check her out!
These are just like the real thing. Texture, taste, everything is fantastic about these. I’ll definitely make them again. I think I’ll use only almond flour and skip the flax in the future just to make them completely grain-free.
Delicious, a must try!
- 1/4 lb butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups Steviva (powdered in magic bullet)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 eggs (room temp is best)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9X13 pan.
- Powder Steviva in Magic Bullet or coffee grinder.
- Cream the butter until fluffy.
- Add the Steviva to the butter and cream them together until fully combined (aim for a fluffy texture).
- Add the vanilla and beat the eggs into the mixture, one at a time.
- Add salt and cocoa, beat well.
- Add chocolate, beat until fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Pour into a pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool completely, then cut into 32 squares.
Nutritional analysis for original recipe: Each of 32 brownies has 1 gram effective carbohydrate, plus 3 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, and 107 calories.