I’ve never been a huge fan of brussels sprouts. I was only exposed to them boiled when I was younger and they were always bitter and mushy. In my efforts to expand my veggie repertoire I’ve started eating them again and I think I have figured out the most delicious way to make them. Roasted with bacon of course!
You’ll need to cook up a pound of bacon first, make sure to reserve the fat for cooking later! You can also cut corners with Hormel Premium Real Crumbled Bacon or leftover bacon. I like to keep the Hormel on hand in the fridge, just to make sure I have bacon within in reach at all times. I pick it up in a larger size at Costco.
Anyway, here’s the recipe!
- Cooked bacon crumbled
- Fresh brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil over a baking sheet.
- Clean as many brussels sprouts as you'd like by cutting off the stem end and then cut in half lengthwise.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over the brussels sprout to your liking.
- Drizzle oilive oil over the sprouts and bacon.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.