I’ve been craving sauerkraut for days now, but I haven’t been in the mood for hotdogs. I usually scoop the kraut over Hebrew Nationals and slather on the mustard. I was on the hunt for something different and I ran into a fantastic sale on jumbo wild caught shrimp at Sprouts Farmer’s Market. If you follow The Rogue Cookie Facebook Page, then you know how much I love Sprouts. This grocery chain always has great prices, the freshest produce, and really great seasonal meats and seafood.
Here’s what I experimented with…this turned out great and I think I’ll make it again. Dijon shrimp over sauerkraut sounds like a crazy combo, but it definitely satisfied my kraut craving. Let me know what you think about this recipe and I’d love to know how you like to eat your kraut!
- 5 raw jumbo wild caught shrimp cleaned and shelled
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard (I use French's brand)
- 1/4 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 Tbs. Lime juice
- Garlic salt to taste
- Place shrimp in a sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add all other ingredients into the pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover the pan and let steam until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve over a pile of sauerkraut.