We love BBQ at our house and prior to my gluten allergy diagnosis we used to hang out at Famous Dave’s BBQ. I can’t eat there any longer as they use wheat in their sauces and every dish seems to be contaminated.
I can’t even eat this salmon spread, but it’s a favorite with my other half so I reverse engineered it from the menu and I do make it for him on occasion.
For those of you who can eat dairy, it’s a real treat!
Now that it’s Football season this should be a really great game-day munchy. Let me know what you think!
- 8oz. Room temperature cream cheese
- Two cups shredded salmon (1 large filet)
- 2Tbs. Capers
- Cheyenne pepper powder to taste
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Dress salmon filet with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and bake salmon filet at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let the salmon cool and flake with a fork.
- Place the room temperature cream cheese in a bowl and mush it with a fork to soften it up.
- Add in the flaked salmon and the capers and mix.
- Add in the Cheyenne pepper to your desired spiciness...I make it pretty spicy, 3-4 good dashes usually does the trick.
- Mix and serve with your desired scoop. Goes great with jicama chips or any veggie stick.