We’re on a roll trying new veggie sides!
This time we went with eggplant and we grilled it. Simply grilled it was a little boring so I had to figure out a way to spice things up a bit. I added a fresh herb oil and vinegar to drizzle over the top of the warm veggies. It worked out great!
I just used the fresh herbs I had leftover in the fridge (basil & mint) from another meal. Go ahead and use whatever you have on hand.
I think I might try a fresh salsa next time instead of the herb oil and vinegar. I’m thinking a mango and avocado salsa might work quite nicely with these. Maybe even add some jalapeno for a little kick!
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the eggplant into slices and salt them lightly. Let them sit for about 15 minutes, so the salt can bring out the moisture of the pieces. Wipe them dry with a bit of paper towel.
- Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic herbs, salt and pepper. Let site to absorb the flavors for about 15 minutes.
- Brush eggplant with oil and herb mixture all over, ensuring that the herbs get distributed well.
- Place on a lightly greased grill and grill for about 15-20 minutes, flipping half way through.