Since I have a fabulous cheesecake recipe, I thought why not try something different and work on a blueberry puree that I could swirl into the cheesecake?
This is what I tried and it turned out to be the most beautiful cheesecake I’ve made yet. Tasted pretty darn good too!
I may play with this a bit, but it’s good enough to release for your culinary experimentation.
Let me know what you think.
- 1 1/2 c. Blueberries
- 8 T. Steviva Blend
- 1 T. Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- Juice of ½ lemon (save the other half for filling!)
- 8oz Walnuts
- ¼ Cup Splenda
- 6 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Lbs. Cream Cheese (4-8oz. pkgs.)
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Steviva Blend
- 4 Eggs
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Need: 10″ spring form pan
- Puree: Combine berries, steviva and coconut flour in saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat and cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Puree in blender with lemon juice. Cool completely.
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap outside of 9-inch springform pan with heavy-duty foil. Chop walnuts in food processor. Mix all ingredients together and press into 10″ spring form pan.
- Filling: Combine salt, Steviva Blend , eggs and lemon juice and beat till smooth. Set aside in large bowl add 1 package of cream cheese at a time and cream till smooth. Gradually add egg mixture and beat till it is mixed well. Pour into spring form pan.
- Place pan in larger baking pan. Carefully drizzle blueberry puree over batter. Swirl knife through batter to marbleize. Place on oven rack. Pour boiling water into larger pan 1 inch up side of springform pan. Bake 1 hour. Turn oven off; let stand in oven 1 hour. Remove pan from water bath. Remove foil; cool completely. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.