This year we were invited to several pool party BBQ’s and I new I was going to land face to face with tables upon tables of cakes, cookies, brownies, ice cream, and cupcakes. I new I’d need a safe dessert to get me through the day and decided to spruce up my cheesecake recipe for a patriotic dessert that wouldn’t hit me upside the head with sugar coma.
This turned out so fabulous that it was the first dessert to disappear at the party, I’m glad I hid it in the fridge until I was ready for a piece! Many said it was the best cheesecake they’ve had in years…they were amazed it was sugar free.
- 8oz Walnuts
- ¼ Cup Splenda
- 6 Tbsp. Butter
- ¾ Tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Lbs. Cream Cheese (4-8oz. pkgs.)
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Steviva Blend
- 4 Eggs
- 1-1/4 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Ideal Confectionery Low Calorie Sweetener
- 1 Punnet Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Punnet Fresh Raspberries
- Need: 10″ spring form pan
- Crust: Chop walnuts in food processor. Mix all ingredients together and press into 10″ spring form pan.
- Filling: Combine salt, Steviva Blend, eggs and lemon juice and beat till smooth. Set aside in large bowl add 1 package of cream cheese at a time and cream till smooth. Gradually add egg mixture and beat till it is mixed well. Pour into spring form pan and bake at 350 deg. F. about 1 hour. ( Put foil under pan to catch drippings.)
- Topping: Whip cream until stiff, add sweetener and mix. Pipe whipped cream onto top of cheesecake. Arrange berries in a design of your choice, pressing into the whipped cream.
*Ideal Confectionery Low Calorie Sweetener is 11 net carbs for 1/4 cup. May substitute any sweetener for lower carb count.