I originally got this idea from The Ghostess who swears by it for her parties. I love deviled eggs in any variety and I decided to mix these up with a little bacon. Since they’re upside down, your guests will get a little surprise when they bite into them and get a bit of a crunch!
- 1 dozen eggs
- salt & pepper
- bacon crumbles
- food coloring
- thin paint brush
- cupcake liners (you can get the cool Halloween ones or you can just use wax paper)
Deviled Egg Prep
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes.
- Peel and cut in half.
- Remove the yolks and place in a bowl.
- Mix in mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and bacon crumbles to your desired taste.e at a time to taste.
- Fill the halved whites with the yolk mixture.
- Turn the eggs halves over onto wax paper circles or cupcake liners.
- Mix mayo with red food coloring until it will pass for blood.
- Mix mayo with food coloring for the colored part of the eye, I like to use green or blue.
With a clean, thin, paint brush paint the eyes onto the back of the deviled eggs.