Yup, these are gross. They look just like real worms, but are made of Jell-O.
Jigglers ain’t got nothing on these slinky little snacks. Watch kids and adults gross out at the sight of these.
Take them with you to your mother in law’s party and watch her face when you introduce her to this seriously creeped out party food!
- 1 (6 ounce) package sugar free raspberry gelatin powder or 1 (6 ounce) package sugar free grape flavor gelatin
- 3 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 100 flexible plastic straws
- 1 tall slender 4 cup container (same height as extended straws, an empty milk or orange juice carton works great for this)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 -15 drops green food coloring
- 1 rolling pin
- In a bowl, combine gelatins.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatins completely dissolve. Chill until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently pull straws to extend to full length; place in tall container.
- Blend cream and food coloring with the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Pour into container, filling straws.
- Chill until gelatin is firm, at least 8 hours, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
- Pull straws from container (if using a carton, tear carton away from straws). Pull straws apart; run hot tap water for about 2 seconds over 3 to 4 straws at a time. Starting at the empty ends, push worms from straws with rolling pin, or use your fingers; lay worms on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Cover and chill until ready to use, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Worms will hold at room temperature up to 2 hours.