I’ve never been a huge fan of coleslaw and I suspect it is because most traditional coleslaw is sweet. So I set out to create my own recipe for low-carb coleslaw that is tangy and not sweet, my pal Jamie over at Your Lighter Side has a great recipe if you like it sweet and I’ve used her recipe as inspiration for this version.
It came out great and I’ll definitely make it again. Enjoy!
Served here with rosemary garlic cornish game hens.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp spicy mustard
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- optional: paprika for color (Jamie's tip!)
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, finely shredded
- Can also use a bagged shredded cabbage or cole slaw mix
- Mix dressing ingredients together with a fork, pour over veggies & toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.