Eggs are an amazing food, so versatile, cheap, and yummy!
I stumbled across this use of eggs when I was trying to figure out what to do with some leftover taco meat. I’m always determined to use up as many leftovers as possible, I hate wasting food. Especially when it’s expensive grass-fed beef!
I tried stuffing it into an omelet and voila, the Omelet a la Enchilada was born. A yummy taco style omelet.
- 3 cage free eggs
- Organic iceburg lettuce
- Taco meat
- You know how to make an omelet right?
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and wisk them together with a fork.
- Pour the eggs into a heated, buttered, skillet.
- Let the eggs cook a bit to firm up, once the edges start to lift from the pan add the taco meat and cheese to one side of the eggs.
- Use a spatula to fold the empty side of the omelet over the filling and cook until insides are melted. Top with more cheese, salsa, and chopped lettuce and serve.