These fatty babies are a major staple in our house. So easy and delicious, here’s how I make them!
Don’t forget to save the goop in the bottom of the roasting pan for adding to chicken stocks, soups, broths, etc. I just let it cool, pour it into a freezer bag and toss it in the freezer. I add to the bag as I create more greasy drippings!
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a bowl, toss chicken thighs with bacon grease and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper and marinate 1 hour (or up to a day).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roast chicken, skin side down, in an oiled roasting pan, 20 to 25 minutes; flip and roast 10 more minutes.
- Salt & pepper the thighs once more and broil 5 minutes.