Fish is usually the easiest thing to defrost in a hurry at our house so we have salmon or flounder (wild caught of course!) at least once a week. Tonight was one of those nights, busy hanging out with friends and getting ready for the week so I got out two salmon fillets.
I like to steam these over a bunch of veggies and I find the tin foil method to be the easiest in both preparation and clean up! I use a pie plate instead of making envelopes out of the tin foil, I like to stuff these full of veggies and spices so this seems to be the safest method for me.
Check it out, super easy and fast meal!
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup spinach or kale
- 1 cup broccoli
- tin foil
- Preheat oven to 359 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the bottom of a pie plate with tin foil.
- Place the spinach or kale in the center of the pie plate.
- Place the salmon fillet on top of the spinach and place broccoli around the fillet on top of the greens.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice all over the veggies and the salmon and season with the spices listed above or whatever you'd like.
- Cover the pie plate with a second sheet of tin foil and seal the edges.
- Poke a few holes in the top of the tin foil to let some steam escape.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.