Chicken leg quarters (leg & thigh) have become one of my favorite cuts of the bird and I love to roast it in the oven. It’s not only delicious, but it’s so incredibly easy.
Here’s my recipe for the perfect crispy skin and moist tender chicken with a kick of spice.
- 4 Chicken leg quarters
- Bacon grease
- Cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken leg quarters in a pyrex dish, skin side up.
- Drizzle chicken with bacon grease (I use the back of a large spoon to spread the grease over the skin).
- Sprinkle salt and cayenne pepper over the chicken to taste.
- Bake for one hour until meat is cooked through and skin is crispy.